This website reflects what was presented within the respective sessions of the ECCM Symposium 'Productivity of Culture'.
- Cultural policy
- Role of culture
- Dialogue between cultures
- Cultural planning
- Culture and economy
- European Capitals of Culture
- Network of European Capitals of Culture and Months (ECCM
- Capital of cultures networks in USA, Latin America, Volga Region, Arabic countries etc.
- University Network of European Capitals of Culture
It includes as well a documentation of the Kids' Guernica exhibition and what experiences its coordinators have been making all around the world.
Following objectives underlie this website:
- Strengthen Civil Society, and in particular Cultural NGOs when engaging political authorities and institutions on matters related to culture and cultural policy.
- Address the need for ‘public spaces / public truths’ which
- Promote besides cultural heritage and the contemporary arts indigenous knowledge
- Monitor the cultural economy in the making and follow-up studies on cultural economy
- Give recognition to cultural initiatives and in particular creative people
- Ensure that cities recognize the value of the arts and culture.
- Further dialogue between cultures by listening to the voices of people
- Continue the narrative of “man and the world” (theme of EXPO 67 in Montreal, Canada)